Saturday, November 12, 2016

Day 1 (13 November 2016) in Mumbai, India

I'm back to India (my third visit to this country in 10 years). This time to the western part of India. My first stop is in Mumbai where I spend a night at Bawa International hotel, which is located in the vicinity of the Mumbai international airport. This is just a transit one night stay to my destination called Sangali. I'm heading there to take part at the ISWI summer school as an invited lecturer. The school kicked off last Monday, a day before the Americans surprised the world by electing a controversial president. However, my part at the school starts this week and that is why I came a week later. 
Beautiful Sunset on our way to Sangali!
Just arrived at Sangali after more than 7hr on the road. Not an.easy drive, but thanks God we made it. The good thing is we were connected throughout the journey because the car has WiFi. 
This is one of many clubs in India (a leftover British heritage) where we're welcomed for dinner!
We have been awaited by other lecturers, who came from different countries, for dinner at one of the fancy club center, "the Officers club". we had a wonderful time and dinner. Finally, we were driven to our hotel "ICON" hotel. Tomorrow we will start our official mission at ISWI school.

No comments:

Post a Comment