Friday, March 10, 2017

Day 5 (9 March 2017) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Unfortunately, today is my last day in Rio, at least for this trip. In the morning, it was the usual normal duty, i.e., attending the meeting. At the end of the meeting, we went back to our hotel. However, since I checked out in the morning, I do not have a room to relax until I head off to the airport. So, I Just hanging around the lobby and of course working. My flight departs at 9:45pm but I was told to start the journey to the airport early because of traffic; well guess what, they were absolutely right. It took me nearly an hour and half to get to the GIG airport from Ipanema by taxi. I’m now at my gate to board my flight to George Bush Intercontinental Airport-Huston (IAH).
A view from the Department of Airspace Control (DECEA) club!
On my departure way to the airport, Christ the Redeemer (statue)! 

I arrived here at IAH more than half an hour earlier than scheduled. Reason, well one of the flight officer had experienced medical problem, and they had to take him to the hospital and the pilot had to rush the plane as fast as he could. They requested help if there is any medical doctor onboard, fortunately there was medical doctor onboard, and the flight officer was under medical attention until we landed at IAH and taken by ground medical crew. The other funny thing, we’re stacked inside the plane for more than half an hour. Reason, the custom officers do not start work before 5:00am, and we were not allowed to disembark the plane before 5:00am. Anyway, we finally allowed to disembark the plane, passed through the custom, and proceeded to my connection flight. I’m now at my gate to board my flight to Boston. 
What?? Snow in the middle of March? I landed safely at Logan and reunited with my family. In generally, the trip to Rio was a successful in many angles. 

1 comment: