Sunday, October 21, 2018

Day 2 (21 October 2018) in Ahmedabad, India

Good morning Ahmedabad. It look the sky is not clear enough, humm! I wonder whether anyone, who does not believe in global warming, see this and question the following. Why the sky is not blue? What makes it not to blue when there is no cloud coverage? What is the consequences? I tried to sleep until I wake up by myself, but the house keeping waked me up twice (10am and 12pm). Well the second wake up made me leave my bed. I knew I missed the breakfast time slot, so I went to the restaurant to have my breakfast and lunch together. Just to say it in a simple ward, I just finished having a big but testy lunch at the hotel restaurant. 
Since we had free afternoon, four of us (US contingent) went out to see a few sites. The first stop was at Adalaj Stepwell (or Rudabai Stepwell) is located in the village of Adalja close to Ahmedabad city. It was built in 1498 by Rana Veer Singh of the Vaghela dynasty of Dandai Desh. The Stepwell which is a cylindrical brick lined well has been constructed  to collect rain water during seasonal monsoons, and is found in more arid regions of the Indian subcontinent and Pakistan. 
Pictures at Adalaj Stepwell with strangers that we meet at the site
The next site that we visited was one of the elegant Swaminarayan Akshardham temple in Gandhinagar, 35km from Ahmedabad. It is a large Hindu temple complex inspired by Yogiji maharaj the fourth spiritual successor of Lord Swaminarayan Swaminarayan according to the denomination of Swaminarayan Hinduism, and created by Pramukh Swami, the fifth spiritual successor of Lord Swaminarayan according to the denomination of Swaminarayan Hinduism. The temple complex was built over 13 years, (completed in 1993) and is a tribute to Lord Swaminarayan and his life and teachings. Any camera is not allowed, including cellphone; so I don’t have any picture from the internal compound of the temple, but found this picture that depicted the external architecture of the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment