Friday, August 23, 2019

Day 6 (23 August 2019) in Olsztyn, Poland

Today is the last day of the conference. In general, the conference went out successfully. We concluded the meeting with two presentation from the Hermanus and University of Brunswick who showed us their perspective facilities to host the next Beacon symposium will be held in 2022. Both presentation showed their best to impress the audience, showed us different possible meeting venue, hotels, tourist attraction places to see, etc.
Finally, the meeting adjourned by honoring best young scientist presentations.
Since I had free afternoon, I went for a walk with one of my former student, who came from Ethiopia for this conference. I got a chance to see the university compound, which is very beautiful. We continued walking all the way down to old town where we have dinner and took a taxi back to my hotel. Tomorrow, I'll be heading back home via Warsaw. The shuttle bus will be at my hotel at 7:54am to pick me up and drive me to Warsaw international airport which is a little over 3hrs drive.
The 2019 Beacon Symposium Young Scientist honorees 

No comments:

Post a Comment