Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 11 in Chile (November 5, 2013)


I traveled to La Serena for another scientific mission, relocating the magnetometer that has been deployed in 2008. I arrived at La Serena at 7:30pm (30 min late from the schedule). The physics department head (Dr. Pedro Vega) welcomed me at the main exit of the airport, and his friend drove me and Dr Vega to the new site of the magnetometer. It is magnetically quite place with very old building. He showed me around inside and outside. He told me that department already secured money to renovate and make the area to be one of the research center of the university. The they drove me to my hotel. I put my stuff and went out sniff around to get something to eat for my dinner. I found a vegetarian pizza at the nearby sushi bar.
                                                                           La Serena just after I landed

A new house for my instrument

No comments:

Post a Comment