Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 13 in Chile (November 7, 2013)


Marina and I went back to the site to check if everything is working ok, and yes indeed everything has been working as it is supposed to be. We then copied the data and left the site for Physics department to serve for Julio Martin’s MSc thesis defense, which went out very well followed by little cocktail. The department head then took us out for lunch. Finally, Marina drove me to the airport and that concluded my successful mission to La Serena.
O! Ya! Remember that I lost my Fitbit at Santiago airport security check point? Well, I found it. Here is how I did, when I passed through the security to catch my flight to Miami, I asked the security guy about my Fitbit that I lost at the airport security point. He asked me the date that I lost it, and I told him 26 October, then he took me to the lost and found department and introduced me to the lady. She made several calls and she found it and asked someone to bring it to her office. They did and it was my Fitbit. Thank you Santiago airport securities, you guys are so honest. And now I’m seating at Santiago airport VIP lounge, waiting for my flight back home. In general, my trip to Chile has been a success! Beautiful country and amazingly nice people, and looking forward a career long collaboration with Chilean scientist.        
      BTW, here is the compound where I stayed in La Serena!                                      
                                                    Physics department building of La Serena University!

No comments:

Post a Comment