Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 7 (25 January 2014) in Hermanus, South Africa


Unfortunately, today is my last day is South Africa, thus I woke up early to pack up my stuff. John picked me up at about 9:30am and took me to wine test village. I actually enjoyed testing different local wines. I bought a few bottles of wine and see how many of them make it to Boston. We then drove to the southern side of Hermanus to see more farm lands. Lee-Anne, who was in Pretoria for business purpose since Wednesday and came back last night, called John and would like to meet me before I head off back home. She and her husband met me for coffee. Although she could have done it on the phone, but she came to see me off in person, which I sincerely appreciate highly. Finally, SANSA driver drove me off to Cape Town to ‘just’ start my long flight journey to back home. In general, my visit to Hermanus was completely successful both scientifically and socially. I thank all the SANSA scientists and staff for their fruitful scientific discussion and hospitality they cherished me. My special thanks go to John-Bosco and Lee-Anne who made my trip to South African possible and successful.
 
 If you wonder where those wonderful South African wine came from, here it is
Heading back to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment