Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 10 (11 July 2014) in Kigali, Rwanda


Today is the last day of the school. After a normal routine activities in the morning, the secretary of education of Rwanda came to officially close the conference. Finally at about 2:00pm I left Kigali behind and rushed to airport to catch my flight to Addis and all the way back home 
 Thank you Mr Gard, you have been so honest in protecting our stuff at the meeting hall!
 Group picture with the secretary of education of Rwanda after the closing ceremony
 Bye Bye Kigali, hope I'll come back for another scientific mission
 In general my experience in Rwanda was amazing. I personally very surprised with the change that I witnessed in the country's infrastructure, peace and security. The country has come a long way already within a short time period, because 20 years ago this country was considered as one of failed states in the world with deteriorated infrastructure that was stricken by civil war and genocide, but now it looks so different as if those atrocities had occurred centuries ago. If it continue with this rate of development, I'm sure the country will be quite different within another 20 years from now. I also saw some well known universities has opened campus in Rwanda, like Carnegie Mellon University (the only campus in Africa as I was told). The UN sponsored ICTP center is also in the process to open its branch in Kigali, the first and only branch in Africa. 
 Who can forget the story of the 90 minutes in Entebbe? Transited through it!
 Interesting sunset catch in Entebbe on my way to Addis

No comments:

Post a Comment