Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 5 (6 July 2014) in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia


Baylie came to my hotel early in the morning and took me out for breakfast. He asked me if I can join him to have lunch with President Olusegun Obasanjo, former president of Nigeria and this year's honorary doctor degree recipient of BDU. I had an opportunity to chat with Mr Obasanjo and he seems very pro science and technology. He told me that he was the one who started space science program and setup NASRDA (Nigerian NASA). His vision is to see Nigerian satellite, which is fully developed by Nigerian engineers and scientists, in orbit. Good vision Mr President!
 Walking to lake Tana with the presidents just before lunch!
After lunch Baylie took me to Kriftu massage department and introduced me to its staff and left for Gondar for his other business meeting. I had a nice massage, which was highly needed to recover from my series of travels, before I rushed to airport to catch my flight to Kigali. 
 
 What would you do when an uninvited stranger just joined you while you are peacefully having your lunch and even start sharing your lunch without your permission? This was what just happened here. This young man was confused and had no clue who this person was until someone from our group tipped him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment