Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 5 (3 July 2014) in Kigali, Rwanda


Today is the last day of the school for the week because tomorrow is the national holiday. It is called liberation day to remember the end of the 1994 genocide. Well! Guess what I'm heading back to Bahir Dar Ethiopia to witness the graduation ceremony of my student that I co-supervised with Dr Baylie Damtie. My flight is at 2:0am tonight and technically I'll not have any sleep tonight. At dinner (this time at the French restaurant at the 4th floor of our hotel) we were joined by another American (originally from South Africa) from California. After dinner, I need to spend my time until it is time for me to head off to airport, and Frank (the new American) joined me downstairs for beer while watching soccer game. At about 11:30pm, the hotel shuttle drove me away to the airport to catch my flight to Bahir Dar.

No comments:

Post a Comment