Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 5 (14 October 2014) in Xi'an, China


I’ve been at the conference all day. After the dinner, my colleague from NOAA and I decided to walk and explore Xi’an on the night side. We walked all the way to the Bell tower. It is about 45min walk from our hotel, however, do not ask me the traffic condition. When we walked via a small but crowded street (both with cars and pedestrians), it reminded me the famous Merkato (the biggest open market in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia). Finally, we ended up at one of the busy but noisy street, which is called bar street. Bar street is a few blocks away from Bell tower. There are different kinds of bars, some of them with live music, and we jumped into one of these bars and have a few bottles of beers. We then start walking back to our hotel, but decided to make one more test of Xi’an, i.e., to take electric ‘Tuk-Tuk’ in which Ethiopians calls it ‘Bajaj’. That was fun in deed.
Fuzzy pics of bar street!

No comments:

Post a Comment