Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 4 (12 February 2014) in Vienna, Austria


I woke up at about 7:00am to get myself ready to kick off my long journey to home. I took a taxi from my hotel to the airport. Although we had a little disagreement at the end, my taxi driver happened to be from southern part of Nigeria. He briefed me about his countries politics. Although one of my best friends is from Nigeria and updates me about Nigerian politics quite often, I was listening to this cub driver as if I knew nothing about Nigeria. He said he has been in Austria for 26 years. O! ya! The disagreement, well I happened to have very limited cash in my pocket and I offered to pay with my credit card but for some reason he did not like that and insisted that I’ve to find cash from somewhere otherwise he did not have credit card machine.  I knew he has the machine because I did pay with my credit card when I rode similar cub last Sunday but I did not want to spend my time with him, so I went inside the airport and withdraw cash from the ATM and gave it to him.
Here I’m sitting at airport VIP lounge, waiting for my flight to Heathrow. 
Vienna airport swamped in the rainy weather!
I made it to Heathrow airport. I'm sitting at the airport VIP lounge, waiting for my connection flight which departs in an hour and half.  From the picture below, you can tell how the weather in London looks like.   
 Ethiopian airline parked here at Heathrow.
Finally, I made it home safely and on time and reunited with my family. Interesting trip and looking forward to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment