Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 2 (12 January 2016) in Nagoya, Japan

Bright day! I had a so so sleep, which is not bad for the first night. Today is my free day, meaning I'll have time to go around Nagoya. First thing I do, I'll search top tourist attractive place to see in Nagoya. Well! I found many but not sure if I can see them all in one day. Since I've been driving Toyota car for the last 15 years, I'm so much interested to visit Toyota Automobile Museum and factory tour. Bad luck, the museum is closed today, according to the information posted on their website. The other place that I'm interested to visit was Railway Park, which is also closed today. Ok! how about Nagoya City Science Museum and Nagoya Castle, their website doesn't say it is closed today.
I had my breakfast and headed on to Science Museum first. Guess what? It was closed too. How unlucky I'm today. Well! at least I glanced it from outside and its surrounding very marvelous area.
Figure 1. Nagoya city Science Museum from outside

Then I went to Nagoya Castle. Nagoya Castle was constructed more than 400 years ago. It was constructed on the orders of Ieyasu TOKUGAWA, who was the founder and first shogun of the Tokugawa shogunate of Japan which virtually ruled Japan from the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600 until the Meiji Restoration in 1868. The Construction was completed in 1612. Sadly enough, in May 1945, during WWII the air raids on Nagoya destroyed most of the buildings including the main and small donjons, and the Hommaru Palace. The main castle was then reconstructed in 1957-1959. However, the Hommaru Palace, which is next to the main castle, is under reconstruction. The reconstruction began in January 2009 and expected to be fully completed in 2018.
 Nagoya Castle
 This dolphin was the one who kept the evil away from the Castle!
Not sure what this symbol is doing inside the Castle!
Pic with Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment