Thursday, January 14, 2016

Day 5 (15 January 2016) in Nagoya, Japan

Today is my last day in Japan for this trip. My flight from Nagoya departs at 2:50pm, which means I've a free half a day to look around Nagoya. Since I'm in Nagoya, I would very embarrassed if I leave Nagoya without visiting the Toyota Automobile museum facility. BTW, Toyota company's headquarter is located at Toyota, Aichi Prefecture, around 30km from Nagoya. Just a few history about Toyota automobile production company, the 11th-largest company in the world by revenue; it was founded in 1937 by Kiichiro Toyoda as spinoff from his dad's company (Toyoda industries) to create automobiles. Three years earlier, in 1934, the Toyota Industries created its first product, the Type A engine, and, in 1936, its first passenger car, the Toyota AA. Now the world renown car company, Toyota Motor Corporation, produces vehicles under 5 brands, including the Toyota brand, Hino, Lexus, Ranz, and Scion.
Anyway, I went to the museum this morning. I had to catch two train. If you love to see how car technology changed from time to time, this is the best place to be. It was so amazing. See some pictures from my visit.
This was the first engine the then Toyoda industries now Toyota Motor Corporation produced. They called it Type A engine.
Toyota Motor Corporation's first passenger car, named as Toyota AA
This was Franklin D. Roosevelt's (32nd US president) limousine!
From this Benz Velo in late 1886 in Germany
To this Toyota FCV-R in 2011
Toyota i-REAL in 2009

I'm now sitting at Nagoya airport, waiting for my flight to Narita airport then to home. My first time visit to Japan in general was so interesting and lovely. Hope science will bring me back again. Thank you Science.
I'm now back home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment