Friday, April 21, 2017

Day 4 (20 April 2017) in Bern, Switzerland

It was again hectic schedule day. However, at the end of the day, I got time to go walk around the city with two Taiwanese friend. It is magnificent city in deed. The buildings architecture reminds me Paris.
From some of the pics that I shot during my walking around the city!
Bern means Bear in English, that is why its state flag is represented by Bear picture!
These palls looks Axum Oblique 
Finally, four of us (scientists from Poland, France, Taiwan, and myself) went to Injera restaurant (Ethiopian restaurant) for dinner. We had vegetarian, Kitfo, lamp tibes, and Bozena Shiro dishes. Unexpectedly, the food is amazingly very nice and testy. I never expected such testy (real Ethiopian style) Ethiopian dish in Bern. I remember, my wife and I went to one of Ethiopian restaurant in Europe (prefer not to mention the country) a few years ago, and we were so disappointed with the test. I can confidently say that restaurant should not be called "Ethiopian" restaurant as it does not serve real Ethiopian dish. However, the one in Bern in deed represent the country with its real test of Ethiopian dishes. The restaurant also has its own beer (coffee beer and Injera special beer). I expressed my deep down appreciation to the owner (very polite and nice looking Ethiopian guy) of the restaurant. I can also mention that the restaurant was full, and I realized quickly why. Well done! 
Our dinner at the Injera restaurant! 
The beer named after the Injera restaurant!     

No comments:

Post a Comment