Friday, September 15, 2017

Day 4 (September 10, 2017) in Abuja and at Canaanland, Ota, Nigeria

Woke up early to pack my stuff and ready to rush to the airport. I was pickup at 8:00am and went straight to airport to catch our flight to Lagos. Lucky, I ordered breakfast and had it before I got picked up. For some reason my pickup car came earlier than 8:00am, usually they came late. The summer school, the main reason that brought me to Nigeria, will be held outside Lagos (less than an hour drive if there is no traffic).
Anyway, we drove directly to the airport and arrived at the airport early. Passed the security very easily, and have went to the VIP lounge, because Babatunde has access and he took me in as his 'bag'. The flight was on time, and departed on time. It was Nigerian airline (Arik airline).  
Abuja airport
at the checkin counter!
We took Arik (Nigerian airline), the airline that just filed law suit against Ethiopian airline and Nigerian government for unconfirmed statement made about the fate of the airline that was surfaced on major news media recently.  


We arrived in Lagos safely. When we got out of the airport, the car that was supposed to be waiting for us was not there. We tried to call him but not taking our calls. Finally, we took taxi (private cars that serves as taxi) to Covenant University (located in Canaanland, Ota) in the state of Ogun, which is about an hour drive from Lagos airport if there is no traffic. It was a good experience driving across one of the crowded city in the world. A lot of typical stuff are housed in Lagos; straight open markets, extremely messy roads, etc.  
Just outside Lagos airport, domestic terminal
On our way to Covenant University, typical African activities
Bells University of Technology, President Obasanjo's university


We finally arrived at Covenant University compound around 1pm. It is now 4:30pm and haven't got my room yet. Don't ask me the reason because I don't know it either. What I know is sitting in a well maintained guesthouse, and keep informed that they are cleaning the room, not sure what kind of cleaning can possibly took such a long time.
A living faith religion's church, which has linked with Covenant University
I looked like uselessly tired man sitting at the lobby of Covenant University guest house 

No comments:

Post a Comment