Thursday, February 11, 2016

Day 4 (9 February 2016) in Manila, Philippines

Today was very hectic day in general. I arrived at the observatory earlier than expected appointment time with James. Since he was not there, I had to wait at the reception desk for him. When he arrived at the observatory, he told me that he got permission at the high school, and we rushed there to test the site. Although the site is not a desirable site for magnetometer sensors, but I had to test it and found similar unexplained saturation. Now I tried to question what is wrong with such detection, is it the instruments fault? Is it just the area covered with underground wire that saturate everything? Or what, a lot of questions but no answer. I never had such experience before.

Very strange mag saturation

Having lunch with James and his research group
Went back to the observatory and tried to make a test with the other magnetometer which was scheduled to be deployed in Davao. I still got the same. However, that gave me an asuranc that it is not instrument fault. So what is it? Still no answer. We want to test it outside the campus, and Clint drove me and the Magnetometer to outside the campus, it was the other end of another university, university of Philippines. We made a test using ups battery, still the same. Back to the observatory and performed other test. We download the software on another computer, Clint laptop and perform similar test but found the same. Ok, is it the ups making voltage spikes? I removed our ups and used one of their ups, still the same. In the meantime time the Sun completed its task for the day, and it's getting very dark and I had to go back to my hotel. I start googling to get some answers still nothing. I tried to sleep around 1130pm but woke up at 3am and continue navigate for answer. I tried to Uninstall the software and reinstall it. However, the computer did not allow me to Uninstall the software. Well, I had to make contact to our BC it guy, Sean, and he tried to access my computer remotely and found so many corrupted glitch. We finally manage to Uninstall it. We finished the cleanup around 820am in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment