Thursday, February 11, 2016

Day 5 (10 February 2016) in Manila, Philippines

I headed to the observatory with little hope. I decided to test by connecting the bbb and looking at the streaming udps. In the meantime until the IT guys figured out how to get BBB online, I reinstall the software and make a test and it seems now working. One step development.
Now at least the mag reads normal value
However, the site is noisy and if the Jesuit residence get permitted, the sensor should be moved there if not to the site where the Japanese magnetometers is located which is about an hour drive from Manila. Thus, I had to trained a staff how to aligned the sensor. We dag a temporary hole for the sensor and trained Clint how to do it. Somehow, a little achievement. Now the Internet connection. They're very ken to get us IP address with no firewall attached to it. However, none of them know how to configure the BBB to static IP address. I requested to register the MAC address so that there is no need to configure it. They refuse to register the MAC address. I took it to the campus main IT department and explained to main IT engineer but he had no idea how to do it, and promised to get back to Clint tomorrow morning. Hope that will be resolved soon.
The temporary site of the sensor!
Now worry about trip to Davao. James planned to travel with me to Davao. Around 5pm I head another accidental problem. James has got family emergency which could not allow him to travel, very unfortunate and hope the emergency won't be that serious.

The picture taken next to SCINDA system at Pope's office (L-to-R, Cristine, Pope, me, and Clint)
Finally, my Manila trip concluded by having dinner with Pope and his student, Cristin. They took me to one of typical Philippinos restaurant. Clint dropped us at the restaurant but couldn't joined us for dinner because he had to take his son to home but he will be back to drive me and the Magnetometer to my hotel, which he did. I arrived at my hotel around10pm with my magnetometers; and crashed to bed, because I have to wake up at 3am to catch my flight to Davao.

No comments:

Post a Comment