Thursday, February 11, 2016

Day 6 (11 February 2016) in Davao, Philippines

I woke up at 3am and made my self ready and went downstairs, checked out, and asked the hotel staff for taxi. I got taxi and loaded my mag and headed to the airport. I was worried if the security got curious with my magnetometer, fortunately it passed the security without any problems. However, at the checking counter, the Magnetometer box weigh 50kg. The lady at the counter said, it has to be 32kg. Wow! a big blowup. What shall I do, she said dived the stuff and move to my luggage. I moved everything inside except the sensor and heavy cable to my luggage. It is now weigh 35.5kg, but she still refused to Check in it. So strict? she had me to wait aside until he supervisor comes. Finally, her supervisor allowed the 3.5kg excess weigh to be checked in. Where did I stuffed the other items from the Magnetometer box? I stuffed some of them into my luggage and my backpack. My luggage and the Magnetometer box are now checked in. Hope they make to Davao.
Boarding Air Asia Philippines to Davao
Ok, they did. I was told someone from the site will be waiting for me outside the airport gate but I couldn't find him. I called him and he was there but waiting for me on another arrival gate. He took me to my hotel, where I was greeting by Fr Dan McNamara. After I checked in, they drove me to site, Fr McNamara came with us just to make sure I'll get what I want, though he had to return back to university as he a class.
The site looks very desirable. Start testing and data looks very clean. Finally we accomplish a lot today. We bury the sensor alignment and also performed the GPS connection. Now the biggest problem will be Internet connection, which is scheduled to meet the IT guy tomorrow.
The data looks very clean!
AMBER electronics sharing table with SCINDA GPS
Sensor got a good home for the rest of its life
Fr McNamara invited me for dinner at the Jesuit residence, which i enjoyed it very much. It was very good experience. Now so exhausted and would like to crash to bed, hopping praying that the Internet connection will work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment