Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day 1 (1 February 2015) in Belem, Brazil

I'm on the road back again for AMBER mission, of course. After comparatively short flight, I arrived in Belem, Brazil safely. Belem is a city at the shore of Atlantic Ocean and is just south of the famous Amazon forest.

When we approached to Belem, I heard normal announcement, i.e., we are about to land make yourself ready (just to put it in short) etc. The plane descended safely and got out of the cloud, unfold its Tyre, approaching the run way, and then all of a sudden it folded its Tyre back and start ascending. Wow! what happened? that was a question for many of us. Shortly, the pilot came on the speaker and told us this "while we are approaching to the run way, very heavy rain start pouring and we have to rotate around until the heavy rain pass over". Actually, that was a good opportunity for us, which gave us an opportunity to tour around Belem from low altitude. Otherwise, no problem at all on my journey to Brazil, everything went out smooth. I'll kick off my scientific mission tomorrow, and hope it will go well.
 Partial view of Belem airport!
    Just some view on my way to my hotel
View of Belem downtown from my hotel room!

No comments:

Post a Comment