Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 6 (6 February 2015) in Petrolina, Brazil

I woke up around 10:00am this morning. Acacio came to my hotel to pick me up. Since we learned a lesson last night, we decided to stay together at the same hotel. We picked his hotel for many reasons. I checked out from my hotel. We then headed to a combined high school and university campus to be reunited with AMBER instrument box. We decided to test a site if this campus has a good one. They offered to host AMBER. We tested one site but it has a lot of interference from the cars and pedestrians. We were about to leave for the INPE site (about 20km out), which was initially planned where to put the instrument. Then, the campus management teams offered us to see another site, which is reasonably quite place. At the time of writing, I'm testing the site and it looks very nice. Although the campus will be closed for the weekend, we already secured permission to come in tomorrow and work.
I just made a friend with the IT person (on my left), and generously agreed to come in tomorrow and help us with the IP configuration! 
Guess what, just before we leave for the day, we just connected it and asked Matt if he can access the instrument and he did indeed. We left the instrument (including my laptop just to see the overnight dynamic spectra) for day with good hope for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment