Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 8 (8 February 2015) in Petrolina, Brazil

The campus was closed today and they did not allow us to get in. So we decided to see some sites. we drove around to see some sites. We drove about 40km outside Petrolina to visit the famous wine factory, unfortunately it was closed and did not get a chance to get in. However, I had the opportunity to see the beautiful land scape. We then went to shopping, had lunch and shopping around. I wanted to buy the Brazilian national team jersey for my kids, who would like to have different nations' team jersey. Surprisingly, we couldn't find it very easily. Then one young lady instructed us to goto one of the famous sport shop, which we went into but national team jersey was not either. We asked a lady works there if she can direct us it is located, and she told us a surprising story. She said this "we used to have quite a lot of national team jersey in their store but after Brazil surprised the world by losing 7 to 0 to Germany, nobody wants to buy the national team jersey and we took it out of the store". What? What? Humm! is the right way to bring the national team back to the level where it used to be? Anyway, I left it for the readers to comment on it. As to my search, I have to keep looking, otherwise, I'll be in trouble with my kids.
 Beautiful green area on our way to wine company!
 This was the initially planned site for AMBER instrument, 20km away from Petrolina
 Bulls statue outside the wine company main gate! 
 You can decorate your back/front yard with used wine bottles, don't throw it away!
 The wine company main gate!
The temperature is so high, and it so difficult to be outside, and we returned back to our hotel. For dinner, we went out and brought pizza and we enjoyed it with the bottle of wine that we purchased yesterday.
Tomorrow will be my last day in Petrolina and I have to finish up all the leftover tasks. Because, I had to change my flight to go back to Belem and take care of the pending job, which is connection problem.    

No comments:

Post a Comment