Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 10 (10 February 2015) in Petrolina, Brazil



Today is my last day in Petrolina, at least according to my current itinerary. We had to go to the site to see the director general of the campus, who were looking for me yesterday. However, since it was a devastating day for my team, we prefer to see him the next day, which today. He is a very nice person, and he gave me an assurance that he will make sure my instrument will be protected. I was asked to prepared a summary document about eh objective of AMBER project and why we deploy two them in Brazil. Luck them, I did produced the document on Sunday night, before the bad situation occurred. When I saw the director general today, he had received a translated (to Portuguese, of course) version from Eurico and he would like to post it on the campus’s website as top news. He asked me to pause a picture with him to support the summary document, which we did. 
 The director general of the institute office (picture of the Brazilian president above) and institute logo at the right!
 Pausing with the director general of the institute!
 Leaving Petrolina for Belem!
We finally left the campus and rushed to the airport to catch my flight to Belem to take care of the pending significant issue there, which is the data flow back to BC. Well! while I was on transit in Recift, Acacio received phone call from Chrstian and asked to speak with me. He said “Endawoke good news, we finished the configuration and the data is now pushing good”, and I asked “how do you know it is pushing?”. His response was more than convincing; he said “we checked your website and it is updating”. Perfect, I immediately texted to Matt and he confirmed right away that he in deed see the UDP coming to our website. However, Matt couldn’t be able to login. It could be firewall issue, which I’ll deal with it tomorrow if it can be accommodated by the campus. Good Job Christian! Thank you so much in deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment