Saturday, February 7, 2015

Day 7 (7 February 2015) in Petrolina, Brazil

Just got in to the site where I left to run overnight, and found everything is working so nicely. Take a look at the dynamic spectra of the night and this morning. 
 
We are now digging to make the current position of the sensor as its final destination.
 
  Digging is underway and GPS antenna got a Temporary position!
The digging here in Petrolina was really hard. Very dry and rocky. Finally, we did it and made the sensor alignment completed before lunch. I connected the sensor to the Beagleboard and went for lunch. One of the faculty here at the campus, Alexanderia, took us to one of the nearby restaurant known by the name Mandacaru. The food there was so delicious.  
 Sensor at its final position!
 So far this the first wine that I tested since I came to Brazil!
 When we returned back from lunch, most of the outside work was completed. The data flow! Yes! the data flow miraculously got solved. What was the problem? Still not clear for me yet. The good thing is the data start flowing and the real-time UDP is updating on every five seconds (as it is suppose to be) on our website (http://magnetometers.bc.edu/index.php/petrolina). What a successful accomplishment. Just quite few minor task remains that I need to take care before I leave Petrolina for Belem. I've significant task to deal with in Belem, and I decided to go there a few days before I leave Brazil for home. But for now we have a lot to celebrate. Acacio and I joined by two faculty members (Alexanderia and her friend) at Barretus Grill restaurants for dinner. We had a wonderful evening.  
 
AMBER electronics, No computer just UPS and mag electronics!
   
 GPS antenna is fixed and grounded!

No comments:

Post a Comment